FBEMC COVID-19 Information|
As a rural electric co-op French Broad EMC practices and promotes a culture of safety. Amid growing concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we invite you, our members, to share in this culture to limit the potential impacts the virus could have on our local communities. FBEMC is monitoring COVID-19 and taking proactive steps to ensure there will be no disruption to business operations or service to our members in the event our area is impacted. We will remain engaged with local emergency management officials to ensure decisions are made with the highest level of situational awareness.
Important Local Government Links
Buncombe County COVID-19 Website
Madison County Government
Madison County COVID-19 Hotline Info
Mitchell County Government
Yancey County Government COVID-19 Updates
FBEMC Specific Information
In order to minimize potential spread, we encourage you to use our online and pay by phone services if possible. These services include:
Some additional steps FBEMC is taking to protect our employees and members:
- FBEMC Mobile App
Our free app is available for all mobile devices. The app allows you to view your accounts, view past payments made online, view and pay your bills, view your monthly and daily usage and also receive important messages from us. To login to the app all you have to do is use your existing login for the online payment portal found on our website.
To download the app, either go to the Google Play Store on your Android device or the Apple App Store on your iOS device and search for "French Broad Electric". If you need assistance creating a log-in or have other questions, please call your local office.
- Online Bill Payment Website
Our online payment portal allows you to manage your account by paying your bill, checking daily and monthly energy use, viewing current and past bills and more. Click here to login.
- Autopayment Options
Have your bills paid automatically by bank draft each month from your checking or savings account. Click here for more details.
- Pay by Phone
Call 1-844-294-5697 to pay your bill or hear your current balance by phone.
Suggestions for members
- Following the guidance of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have reviewed and updated our Emergency Response and Business Operations Plans to safeguard our operations.
- We are reviewing applicable policies and procedures including those that pertain to teleworking, cross-training of employees and medical leave to ensure that adequate staffing levels are maintained at all times.
- We also are reviewing procedures and practices to ensure continuity of operations for our website, telephone and mobile app services for members.
- As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will give careful consideration and follow CDC recommendations about whether to host public gatherings, such as our annual meeting. Please stay connected with us via FrenchBroadEMC.com, Facebook or Twitter for the latest updates.
We encourage our members to continue to take everyday precautions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases as recommended by the CDC and the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services. These include:
Stay Safe Online
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
Many of our members are working from home and also being inundated with COVID-19 news. The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) warns individuals to remain vigilant for scams related to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Cyber actors may send emails with malicious attachments or links to fraudulent websites to trick victims into revealing sensitive information or donating to fraudulent charities or causes. Exercise caution in handling any email with a COVID-19-related subject line, attachment, or hyperlink, and be wary of social media pleas, texts, or calls related to COVID-19.
CISA encourages individuals to remain vigilant and take the following precautions:
As always, if you have any questions or concerns please reach out to us at 828-649-2051 in Marshall or 828-682-6121 in Burnsville or via email from our contact us page.